New functionalities added on the GST Portal for taxpayers regarding Annual Aggregate Turnover and Bank Account.
GSTN has implemented some new functionalities on taxpayers’ dashboards with the following features:
- The taxpayers can now check the exact Annual Aggregate Turnover (AATO) from FY 20-21 onwards, instead of the slabs which used to show whether the turnover is upto or above Rs 5 crores
- The taxpayers can also see the Aggregate Turnover of the current FY based on the returns filed till date.
- The taxpayers are also provided with the facility of updating the turnover twice within a period of one monthin case taxpayers feel that the system calculated turnover displayed on their dashboard varies from the turnover as per their records. Thereafter, the figures will be sent for review of the Jurisdictional Tax Officer who then can amend the values furnished by the taxpayer.
- This updation facility is provided to all the GSTINs registered on a common PAN. All the changes by any of the GSTINs in their turnover shall be summed up for computation of Annual Aggregate Turnover for each of the GSTINs
Addition of bank account details in GST registration
In view of Rule 10A of the CGST Rules 2017, a functionality to check status of bank account details update for the taxpayers who have taken new registration at GST Portal but have not yet furnished the same, has been introduced.
Such taxpayers are required to update their Bank Account Details within 45 days of the first login henceforth. In case the taxpayers who had not updated bank account after registration and are also failed to update within 45 days of their first login henceforth, the system will prompt and force them to comply with the requirements.
The taxpayers may login and update Bank Account details through Non-core amendment in the manner as specified in the below:
- Login to the taxpayer portal
- Go to ‘Services’
- Click on ‘Registration’
- Click on the tab ‘Amendment of Registration Non-Core Fields’
- Select tab ‘Bank Accounts’ and add details of Bank Account (Account No., IFSC, Address, Bank Account type)
- Click on the verification tab, select authorized signatory, enter a place and sign application using DSC, E-sign or EVC
After completion of Bank Account update, a success message will appear on the screen, and the acknowledgment will be sent at the registered email and mobile phone.